Dear SCCC members,
We are pleased to announce that official rides will resume starting on Wednesday, May 13, 2020. Please note that it is important that we continue to observe safe practices on our rides:
- Should you feel ill, please stay home
- In the parking lot, please make sure that you are not in groups larger than 10 and practice social distancing.
- Rides may only be considered SCCC club rides if they meet the following requirements:
- No more than 10 members in a group at any time.
- Social distancing requirements must be met (ie: 6 feet of distance between members).
- If either of these requirements are not met during a ride, the ride will no longer qualify as a club ride, so ride leaders will need to be cognizant of numbers at all times and split up groups if more than 10 riders are present.
- And, as always, riders are reminded that they are riding at their own risk.
Finally, please respect the decisions and privacy of fellow members of the group. Whether they opt to ride or not to ride, it is their personal decision and right to make the decision that is best for them. Everyone is entitled to their individual opinions in regard to riding in a group during this time. Some may have no problems with this whatsoever. On the other hand, someone may have a housemate that is at risk or who is infected; someone may want to hold a new grandchild; someone may be immunocompromised and not wish to share, others may believe this is not the right time to ride and wish not to take a risk. So, please honor the choices of our team mates, welcome those riders that are present, and have a great ride.