- Club rider insurance
- Up to 15% discount in Bike Barn stores
- Club Facebook group access
- Annual events
- Club equipment program
How To Join
- Online: at active.com
- In person: Bike Barn Clear Lake
- Mail: send filled out form
14917 El Camino Real
PO Box 890467
Houston, TX 77062
Annual membership fee is $30 which expires on December 31st. Payment for upcoming year is due on January 1st of that year.
What To Take on a Ride
- Bicycle in good working condition for safe riding on public roads
- Bicycle helmet
- Flat tire repair kit: spare tube, CO2 cartrige or portable pump
- Driver's license or another form of ID
- Mobile phone
- Credit card and some cash
- Hydration: water or electrolyte beverage, more for heat season
- Cycling shorts
- Cycling jersey
- Cycling gloves
- Emergency contact and medical info (RoadID, smartphone or card)
Cycling 101 Sessions
Bicycle Handling and Basic Maintenance
For adults and young adults who know how to ride a bike, but want to learn more and develop their bicycling skills, experienced club members offer free lessons.
- Next session is currently not scheduled. Please follow us on Facebook.
Following topic will be covered:
- Healthy riding,
- The "art of riding",
- Bicycle handling skills,
- Basic bicycle maintenance,
- Group riding skills.
The training will include a practice group ride between 5 and 10 miles in length.